1LI Reunion & Raffle
We would encourage as many of you as possible to take part and to come and join us on the day/evening, but it is just one part of what is a very special weekend that brings together ALL Light Infantrymen from the counties and further a field.
This event also enables us to hold an annual raffle where all proceeds are used to purchase and send Poppy Wreaths to every 1LI funeral, both now and in the future, and it is only possible thanks to your support. We therefore ask all the 1LI family and our supporters to please purchase raffle tickets either in advance (online) or on the day at the dedicated raffle table (more details below) so that we may continue with this great cause.
The association aims to have a Title Sponsor for the Annual Raffle so that all associated costs of running it are covered and that 100% of the proceeds from the ticket sales is placed into our Poppy Wreath Fund. As well as a Raffle Title Sponsor we also seek each year sponsors for the three main prizes, Engraved Decanter Tray Set plus two Bronze Statues (more if we can find the sponsors). We plan up to 18 months ahead and we would like to hear from potential sponsors who would wish to support our battalion association and you can get in touch by using the e-mail at the bottom of this page. We also welcome additional prizes for the raffle each year and should you wish to donate a prize or even a cash prize then please send Stephen Pryer an e-mail at your earliest convenience.
The 1LI Reunion & Raffle information will be placed below each year and details of the main Light Infantry Reunion and the veterans parade will be placed on the Shrewsbury page. The 1LI Association would like to encourage you to support both events so that they remain for many years to come.
The 1LI Association Coordinator for the annual 1LI Reunion & Raffle is: Mr Stephen Pryer
**** The 1LI Raffle is fully registered and licenced under the Gambling Act 2005 with West Suffolk Council ****
As the Regimental Reunion has now been cancelled, we have now also cancelled the 1LI Reunion for 2021.
Due to loss of fund raising for our Poppy Wreath Fund from the 1LI Raffle in 2020, we can not afford to lose another years income in 2021 for this very worthwhile and valuable cause. To that end and so that we do not let down our families in the future the 1LI Raffle will still take place this year but it will be held online only. We will publish more details in the days and weeks ahead, but for this to be a success and to help make up for the loss in 2020 WE WILL NEED YOUR FULL SUPPORT PLEASE!!! Tickets online are available below and also on our Stores page if you want them posted to you, we can also provide BACs details so that you can pay for tickets directly into our account.
The Online 1LI Raffle will be held on:
18th June 2021
This event is kindly being sponsored by:
Open Networks Ltd
The details of the 1LI Online Raffle for 2021 will be placed here very soon and kept up to date until the draw has taken place.
Reunion Venue Details - 2021 Cancelled
The pub is in a residential area so please be respectful at all times and support the owners Andy & Jane as well as their Staff.
Open from 1130hrs - 0100hrs (Please note there is only a music licence for indoors)
The Raffle Table for purchasing tickets will be located on the decking area at the front of the Peacock, as per last year.
Raffle Draw will take place around 2100 hrs
There will be a "chippie" food service available for purchasing from (kitchen will be closed @ 2200hrs)
Please also note that there will be some additional seating in part of the Car Park area and depending on numbers bottle bars will also be set up with designated bottle bins for there disposal.
Due to how busy the town is on the Friday night PLEASE book your taxis for departure very early on in the evening, or even before you arrive, to ensure that you get back to your accommodation at your desired time. Taxi numbers can be provided upon request.
Raffle tickets are £1 each and come in books of five, they will be available to purchase by one of the following 4 ways:
- Purchases via PayPal will be available in the New Year and a special raffle ticket Buy Now button will be placed on this web page.
- Purchases via BACS can be made by sending us an e-mail with the number of tickets you require plus your home address and we will reply with our bank details for payment.
- Tickets can be reserved for Pick Up & Payment on the day via our Facebook group or by sending us an e-mail.
- Purchases on the day can be made at the dedicated Raffle table at the front of the Peacock Inn.
After you purchase your tickets we will then allocate ticket numbers to your transaction and an e-mail will be sent to you with those ticket numbers on, so please keep a note of them or save the e-mail.
Your full name and postcode will be added to each individual ticket stub that you have purchased and they will then be placed in the raffle drum prior to the start of the event. Should you have any questions, please e-mail us.
2021 Raffle Tickets
NOW Available Online Only
Tickets purchased via this page, your numbers will be e-mailed to you. Tickets purchased on the Stores page will be posted to you.
The last day for PayPal & BACS orders will be: Wednesday 16th June 2021
- Our aim each year is to have three sponsored core prizes:
- Engraved Decanter Tray set (alternated each year between Whisky & Brandy):
- Bronze Infantry Statue with SLR:
- Bronze Infantry Statue with SA80:
- So that the evening is not fully taken over by the raffle we very much hope to find kind donors/sponsors for a maximum of 12 additional prizes.
- We would also like to have a single auction item for the end of the raffle each year, but our priority will be the main raffle.
2021 Raffle Prize List & Donors
2. Bronze Infantry Statue with SLR: Sponsored by: Lynn
3. Bronze Infantry Statue with SA80: Sponsored by: Howdens
4. Taylors Historical Collection Reserve Tawny Port 1tr Engraved 1LI: Sponsored by: Stephen Pryer 1LI
4. 1LI Hip Flask Set In Presentation Box: Sponsored by: 1LI Association
6. 1LI Hip Flask Set In Presentation Box: Sponsored by: Simon Hammett, in memory of Fred Hammett R.I.P
7. 1LI Hip Flask Set In Presentation Box: Sponsored by: Andrew Cook 1LI
8. Engraved Port Presentation Box (3x Bottles Inc.): Sponsored by: Stephen Pryer 1LI, in memory of Roger Hall R.I.P
9. 1LI Carved Wooden Cap Badge (43cm x 43cm): Donated by: David Briggs 1LI
10. Drinks Basket (11 x Bottles including Spirits & wine plus 4 x 440ml Cans of Guinness): Donated by: Mr & Mrs Butler (Grove Park)
11. Wine Barrel (4 x Bottles in Presentation Barrel): Donated by: Mrs Sue O'Mara
12. Hand Engraved 1LI Glass Beer Tankard in Presentation Box: Sponsored by: Howdens
13. £150 Cash Prize: Donated by: David Healey 1LI, Paul Allen 1LI, Charlie & Stella Buzza 1LI
14. Large LI Engraved Mirror: Donated by: Adrian Haddon 1LI
15. Large LI Engraved Mirror: Donated by: Adrian Haddon 1LI
16. £100 Currys-PC World Gift Card: Donated by: Andrew Wallace 1LI (AFS)
17. Optisan Litec H 10 x 42 Binoculars: Donated by. Andrew Wallace 1LI (AFS)
* Winners will be notified asap after the draw has taken place. Not all prizes are able to be posted and we will work with the prize winners to get their prizes to them safely and as quickly as we can in the current climate.