1LI Reunion & Raffle
We would encourage as many of you as possible to take part and to come and join us on the day/evening, but it is just one part of what is a very special weekend that brings together ALL Light Infantrymen from the counties and further a field.
This event also enables us to hold an annual raffle where all proceeds are used to purchase and send Poppy Wreaths to every 1LI funeral, both now and in the future, and it is only possible thanks to your support. We therefore ask all the 1LI family and our supporters to please purchase raffle tickets either in advance (online) or on the day at the dedicated raffle table (more details below) so that we may continue with this great cause.
The association aims to have a Title Sponsor for the Annual Raffle so that all associated costs of running it are covered and that 100% of the proceeds from the ticket sales is placed into our Poppy Wreath Fund. As well as a Raffle Title Sponsor we also seek each year sponsors for the three main prizes, Engraved Decanter Tray Set plus two Bronze Statues (more if we can find the sponsors). We plan up to 18 months ahead and we would like to hear from potential sponsors who would wish to support our battalion association and you can get in touch by using the e-mail at the bottom of this page. We also welcome additional prizes for the raffle each year and should you wish to donate a prize or even a cash prize then please send Stephen Pryer an e-mail at your earliest convenience.
The 1LI Reunion & Raffle information will be placed below each year and details of the main Light Infantry Reunion and the veterans parade will be placed on the Shrewsbury page. The 1LI Association would like to encourage you to support both events so that they remain for many years to come.
The 1LI Association Coordinator for the annual 1LI Reunion & Raffle is: Mr Stephen Pryer
**** The 1LI Raffle is fully registered and licenced under the Gambling Act 2005 with West Suffolk Council ****
The Next 1LI Reunion & Raffle will be held on:
17th June 2022
This event is kindly being sponsored by:
Reunion Venue Details - 2022 - Confirmed
The pub is in a residential area so please be respectful at all times and support the owners Andy & Jane as well as their Staff.
Open from 1130hrs - 0100hrs (Please note there is only a music licence for indoors)
The Raffle Table for purchasing tickets will be located on the decking area at the front of the Peacock, as per last year.
Raffle Draw will take place around 2100 hrs
There will be a "chippie" food service available for purchasing from (kitchen will be closed @ 2200hrs)
Please also note that there will be some additional seating in part of the Car Park area and depending on numbers bottle bars will also be set up with designated bottle bins for there disposal.
Due to how busy the town is on the Friday night PLEASE book your taxis for departure very early on in the evening, or even before you arrive, to ensure that you get back to your accommodation at your desired time. Taxi numbers can be provided upon request.
Raffle tickets are £1 each and come in books of five, they will be available to purchase by one of the following 4 ways:
- Purchases via PayPal will be available in the New Year and a special raffle ticket Buy Now button will be placed on this web page.
- Purchases via BACS can be made by sending us an e-mail with the number of tickets you require plus your home address and we will reply with our bank details for payment.
- Tickets can be reserved for Pick Up & Payment on the day via our Facebook group or by sending us an e-mail.
- Purchases on the day can be made at the dedicated Raffle table at the front of the Peacock Inn.
After you purchase your tickets we will then allocate ticket numbers to your transaction and an e-mail will be sent to you with those ticket numbers on, so please keep a note of them or save the e-mail.
Your full name and postcode will be added to each individual ticket stub that you have purchased and they will then be placed in the raffle drum prior to the start of the event. Should you have any questions, please e-mail us.
2022 Raffle Tickets
Details To Follow
The last day for PayPal & BACS orders will be: TBC 2022
- Our aim each year is to have eight sponsored core 1LI prizes with the top three being listed below:
- Engraved Decanter Tray set (alternated each year between Whisky & Brandy):
- Bronze Infantry Statue with SLR:
- Bronze Infantry Statue with SA80:
- So that the evening is not fully taken over by the raffle we very much hope to find kind donors/sponsors for a maximum of 12 additional prizes.
- We would also welcome a single auction item for the end of the raffle each year, but our priority will be the main raffle.
2021 Raffle Prize List, Donors and Winners - This 2021 list will be removed very soon ready for next years Prize List.
2. Bronze Infantry Statue with SLR: Sponsored by: Lynn - Winner: Andy Bett
3. Bronze Infantry Statue with SA80: Sponsored by: Howdens - Winner: Bob Diprose
4. Taylors Historical Collection Reserve Tawny Port 1tr Engraved 1LI: Sponsored by: Stephen Pryer 1LI - Winner: Mark Skelton
4. 1LI Hip Flask Set In Presentation Box: Sponsored by: 1LI Association - Winner: Richard Carter
6. 1LI Hip Flask Set In Presentation Box: Sponsored by: Simon Hammett, in memory of Fred Hammett R.I.P - Winner: Ian Langton
7. 1LI Hip Flask Set In Presentation Box: Sponsored by: Andrew Cook 1LI - Winner: June Blythe
8. Engraved Port Presentation Box (3x Bottles Inc.): Sponsored by: Stephen Pryer 1LI, in memory of Roger Hall R.I.P - Winner: Keith Screaton
9. 1LI Carved Wooden Cap Badge (43cm x 43cm): Donated by: David Briggs 1LI - Winner: Derek Pether
10. Drinks Basket (11 x Bottles including Spirits & wine plus 4 x 440ml Cans of Guinness): Donated by: Mr & Mrs Butler (Grove Park) - Winner: Paul Wharton
11. Wine Barrel (4 x Bottles in Presentation Barrel): Donated by: Mrs Sue O'Mara - Winner: Terry Wilson
12. Hand Engraved 1LI Glass Beer Tankard in Presentation Box: Sponsored by: Howdens - Winner: Alistair Sharp
13. £200 Cash Prize: Donated by: David Healey 1LI, Paul Allen 1LI, Charlie & Stella Buzza 1LI and Robert Adams 1LI - Winner: Paul Hodges
14. Large LI Engraved Mirror: Donated by: Adrian Haddon 1LI - Winner: Keith Screaton
15. Large LI Engraved Mirror: Donated by: Adrian Haddon 1LI - Winner: JB Baker
16. £100 Currys-PC World Gift Card: Donated by: Andrew Wallace 1LI (AFS) - Winner: Paul Goose
17. Optisan Litec H 10 x 42 Binoculars: Donated by. Andrew Wallace 1LI (AFS) - Winner: David Hardy
* Winners will be notified asap after the draw has taken place. Not all prizes are able to be posted and we will work with the prize winners to get their prizes to them safely and as quickly as we can in the current climate.