1LI Reunion & Raffle
We would encourage as many of you as possible to take part and to come and join us on the day/evening, but it is just one part of what is a very special weekend that brings together ALL Light Infantrymen from the counties and further a field.
This event also enables us to hold an annual raffle where all proceeds are used to purchase and send Poppy Wreaths to every 1LI funeral, both now and in the future, and it is only possible thanks to your support. We therefore ask all the 1LI family and our supporters to please purchase raffle tickets either in advance (online) or on the day at the dedicated raffle table (more details below).
The association aims to have a Title Sponsor for the Annual Raffle so that all associated costs of running it are covered and that 100% of the proceeds from the ticket sales is placed into our Poppy Wreath Fund. As well as a Raffle Title Sponsor we also seek each year sponsors for the three main prizes, Engraved Decanter Tray Set plus two Bronze Statues (more if we can find the sponsors). We plan up to 18 months ahead and we would like to hear from potential sponsors who would wish to support our battalion association and you can get in touch by using the e-mail at the bottom of this page. We also welcome additional prizes for the raffle each year and should you wish to donate a prize or even a cash prize then please send Stephen Pryer an e-mail at your earliest convenience.
The 1LI Reunion & Raffle information will be placed below each year and details of the main Light Infantry Reunion and the veterans parade will be placed on the Shrewsbury page. The 1LI Association would like to encourage you to support both events so that they remain for many years to come.
The next 1LI Reunion & Raffle will be held on:
Friday 31st May
This years event is kindly sponsored by:
The pub is in a residential area so please be respectful at all times and support the owners Andy & Jane as well as their Staff.
Open from 1130hrs - 0100hrs (Please note there is only a music licence for indoors)
The Raffle Table for purchasing tickets will be located on the decking area at the front of the Peacock, as per last year.
Raffle Draw will take place around TBC hrs
There will be a "chippie" food service available for purchasing from (kitchen will be closed @ 2200hrs) - TBC
Please also note that there will be some additional seating in part of the Car Park area and bottle bars will also be set up with designated bottle bins for there disposal.
Due to how busy the town is on the Friday night PLEASE book your taxis for departure very early on in the evening, or even before you arrive, to ensure that you get back to your accommodation at your desired time. Taxi numbers can be provided upon request.
Raffle tickets are £1 each and come in books of five, they will be available to purchase by one of the following 4 ways:
- Purchases via PayPal will be available in the New Year and a special raffle ticket Buy Now button will be placed on this web page.
- Purchases via BACS can be made by sending us an e-mail with the number of tickets you require plus your home address and we will reply with our bank details for payment.
- Tickets can be reserved for Pick Up & Payment on the day via our Facebook group or by sending us an e-mail.
- Purchases on the day can be made at the dedicated Raffle table at the front of the Peacock Inn.
After you purchase your tickets we will then allocate ticket numbers to your transaction and an e-mail will be sent to you with those ticket numbers on, so please keep a note of them or save the e-mail.
Your full name and postcode will be added to each individual ticket stub that you have purchased and they will then be placed in the raffle drum prior to the start of the event. Should you have any questions, please e-mail us.
2019 Raffle Tickets
The last day for PayPal and BACS orders will be:
Tuesday 28th May 2019
- Our aim each year is to have three sponsored core prizes:
- Engraved Decanter Tray set (alternated each year between Whiskey & Brandy): TBA
- Bronze Infantry Statue with SLR: Sponsored by Howdens for 2019
- Bronze Infantry Statue with SA80: Sponsored by Howdens for 2019
- We also aim to have no more than two auction prizes with the value of each being in access of £100.
- So that the evening is not fully taken over by the raffle we very much hope to find kind donors/sponsors for a maximum of 10 additional prizes.